Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been using this recipe since the early 1980's when a girlfriend brought it to work to share. Everyone loves it.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- Cook and stir hamburger, onion and garlic in a 10-inch skillet until hamburger is light brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Serve sauce over hot spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.