Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been using this recipe since the early 1980's when a girlfriend brought it to work to share. Everyone loves it.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 dried rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- Cook and stir hamburger, onion and garlic in a 10-inch skillet until hamburger is light brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 1 hour.
- Serve sauce over hot spaghetti.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Great Sauce!!! My husband is a meat lover and this covered just about everything that makes him smile. Great Taste!!! Thanks!
Made this last night for dinner for my roommate, her sis, her friend & me. Very herby was one comment. I myself would of preferred more "zest" to it. A bit bland but good for a basic sauce though after simmering for an hour, it still kind of tasted like it did when I tried it before simmering. Would make again but add some italian sausage. Thanks!
ciò è meravigliosamente saporita! grazie! più, per favore! OK, that ends the altavista translation, but seriously, great sauce, though i'm pretty sure i missed out some of the herbs. Thanks.