1/1 Photo of Grilled Italian Lemon Chicken
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Smoky Okie's Note:
Light summer fare. especially good when the oregano is abundant in your garden. From the Amalfi region of Italy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients and whisk well to make marinade.
- 2Combine last 4 ingredients and whisk to make chicken seasoning.
- 3Prepare grill for direct/indirect grilling.
- 4Season chicken on both sides.
- 5Sear chicken over direct heat, then cook indirect to approx 145°F internal temp (slightly underdone).
- 6Remove chicken from heat and cool until cool enough to handle.
- 7Cut chicken into large bite size chunks (i.e. a breast will usually make 3 or 4 chunks, a thigh makes 2, etc.).
- 8Place pieces cut side down in baking dish.Use a dish of such dimensions as to keep the pieces standing up against each other.
- 9Pour marinade evenly over chicken and let marinade 30 minute.
- 10Meanwhile, preheat oven (or gas grill) to 375°F, then bake 40 minutes.
- 11Serve on a platter and spoon half of juices/marinade over the top.
- 12Remaining juices may be served on the side in ramekins, or bowl to be passed.
- 13Note: You may substitute Caventer's Greek seasoning for the last 4 ingredients. We do.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Italian Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.6
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 164.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 44.0 g