Cook1 hr 30 mins
Light summer fare. especially good when the oregano is abundant in your garden. From the Amalfi region of Italy.
- Combine first 6 ingredients and whisk well to make marinade.
- Combine last 4 ingredients and whisk to make chicken seasoning.
- Prepare grill for direct/indirect grilling.
- Season chicken on both sides.
- Sear chicken over direct heat, then cook indirect to approx 145°F internal temp (slightly underdone).
- Remove chicken from heat and cool until cool enough to handle.
- Cut chicken into large bite size chunks (i.e. a breast will usually make 3 or 4 chunks, a thigh makes 2, etc.).
- Place pieces cut side down in baking dish.Use a dish of such dimensions as to keep the pieces standing up against each other.
- Pour marinade evenly over chicken and let marinade 30 minute.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven (or gas grill) to 375°F, then bake 40 minutes.
- Serve on a platter and spoon half of juices/marinade over the top.
- Remaining juices may be served on the side in ramekins, or bowl to be passed.
- Note: You may substitute Caventer's Greek seasoning for the last 4 ingredients. We do.