Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favorite that never goes out of style. Adapted from Nettie's recipe.
Make and share this Grilled Portabella Burgers recipe from Food.com.
Sun-Dried Tomato Mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 4 pieces focaccia bread, split
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Combine sun-dried tomato mayonnaise ingredients in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Stir together marinade ingredients and place in ziploc bag with mushrooms, being careful not to break them. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade, saving marinade.
- Grill over medium heat, uncovered, basting with marinade, and cooking about 15-20 minutes or until tender in the center.
- Place focaccia, cut sides down, on grill. Grill until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. turning once to get good hatch marks.
- Spread sun-dried tomato mayonnaise on toasted bread.
- Line bread with 4 arugula leaves, mushroom and 2 tablespoons goat cheese.
- Serve warm.