One of the "30 Best Fast Recipes Ever" from Food & Wine. This is a very simple, basic recipe; nothing fancy here. Recipe created by cookbook genius Marcelle Hazan.
- Preheat grill on high (or preheat the broiler on high).
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the salt until the salt dissolves. Stir in the oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season generously with pepper.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over high heat (as close to the heat as possible), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a platter. Prick each fish steak in several places with a fork to allow the sauce to penetrate.
- Using a spoon, beat the sauce, then drizzle it over the fish.
- Serve immediately.
Poking lots of holes in the fish after it has finished cooking was an awesome way to get the fish to actually absorb the flavor of the marinade.
This recipe was simple to prepare and tasted great. It seemed very healthy as well. We enjoyed it. Thanks!
Fantastic - how could something so easy be so simple! Served with Kashi rice and asparagus