One of the "30 Best Fast Recipes Ever" from Food & Wine. This is a very simple, basic recipe; nothing fancy here. Recipe created by cookbook genius Marcelle Hazan.
- Preheat grill on high (or preheat the broiler on high).
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice with the salt until the salt dissolves. Stir in the oregano. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season generously with pepper.
- Grill the swordfish steaks over high heat (as close to the heat as possible), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a platter. Prick each fish steak in several places with a fork to allow the sauce to penetrate.
- Using a spoon, beat the sauce, then drizzle it over the fish.
- Serve immediately.