Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Yummy ham and bean soup made in the crock pot. Modified from a BHG recipe.
Make and share this Ham and Bean Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes with garlic and herbs, do not drain
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 28 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh kale or 2 cups spinach, torn into small pieces
- parmesan cheese
- In crock pot, combine beans, ham, carrots, onion and pepper. Stir in undrained tomatoes and broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs or high for 3-4 hours. Stir in Kale or Spinach just before serving. Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This was so easy and great!! I accidentaly bought lentils instead of white kidney beans, but threw them in still. I used fresh kale and thought it was so flavourful. I will make this everytime i have leftover ham!!