Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this when searching for a lasagna recipe that would fit the WW Core plan, but that would have plenty of flavor. Use any kind of spaghetti sauce that is Core, there are several organics that are good. I also have a recipe for Core spaghetti sauce if you want to make it from scratch. Freeze the leftovers in individual containers for great make-ahead meals.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- whole wheat lasagna noodles
- nonstick cooking spray
- Brown ground beef in saute pan with 3 tsp of the minced garlic. Drain any grease, then put beef and garlic mixture in a large bowl to cool.
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Brown in olive oil in saute pan along with remaining garlic. Add to the beef mixture to cool.
- Cook frozen spinach in saute pan until liquid is cooked off. Add to the beef and mushrooms.
- Chop the artichoke hearts into large chunks, then add to the beef mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, and cottage cheese.
- Begin assembling lasagna in a 9x13 baking dish. Start with a ladle of sauce to coat the bottom. Add uncooked noodles in a single layer. Next add a layer of cheese, spread across noodles. Add beef mixture, then another layer of sauce.
- Repeat layering ingredients. Top lasagna with mozzarella cheese, then cheddar cheese. Spray top of cheese lightly with non-stick spray, this helps the cheese to melt.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until bubbly and baked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
I forgot the spaghetti sauce, or rather didn't see it. It was very tasty, and very filling, so maybe it doesn't need it. It isn't kidding when it says hearty. More cheese would be more to my taste. Next time I will try sausage, I think that will complement the veggies well. The artichoke hearts were a tad salty, I'll maybe leave out a couple next time. I calculated 3 WW pts.