1 hr 20 mins
I came up with this when searching for a lasagna recipe that would fit the WW Core plan, but that would have plenty of flavor. Use any kind of spaghetti sauce that is Core, there are several organics that are good. I also have a recipe for Core spaghetti sauce if you want to make it from scratch. Freeze the leftovers in individual containers for great make-ahead meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 4 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 lbs mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts
- spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fat-free cheddar cheese
- whole wheat lasagna noodles
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1Brown ground beef in saute pan with 3 tsp of the minced garlic. Drain any grease, then put beef and garlic mixture in a large bowl to cool.
- 2Clean and slice mushrooms. Brown in olive oil in saute pan along with remaining garlic. Add to the beef mixture to cool.
- 3Cook frozen spinach in saute pan until liquid is cooked off. Add to the beef and mushrooms.
- 4Chop the artichoke hearts into large chunks, then add to the beef mixture.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, and cottage cheese.
- 6Begin assembling lasagna in a 9x13 baking dish. Start with a ladle of sauce to coat the bottom. Add uncooked noodles in a single layer. Next add a layer of cheese, spread across noodles. Add beef mixture, then another layer of sauce.
- 7Repeat layering ingredients. Top lasagna with mozzarella cheese, then cheddar cheese. Spray top of cheese lightly with non-stick spray, this helps the cheese to melt.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until bubbly and baked through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Lasagna - Ww Core
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 266.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese
fat-free cheddar cheese