1/1 Photo of Hearty Tuscan Bean Soup
As part of my pursuit of a healthier lifestyle, I am always looking for new ways to use beans. This recipe looks like it would hit the mark rather well but still taste lush. It was originally printed in the January 2008 copy of the BBC Good Food Magazine. The recipe says it can be frozen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra
- olive oil, to serve
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 1/4 pints vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 ounces cooked ham, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the chopped vegetables and some salt and pepper. Cook very gently for 10 minutes until softened but not colored.
- 2Add the stock, beans, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Lift out the herbs, then using a stick blender, whizz to a roughly chunky but creamy soup.
- 4Stir in the ham and bring to a simmer.
- 5Serve garnished with a few crisp slices of bacon and a swirl of olive oil.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Tuscan Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.8
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.1 mg
- Sodium 680.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: