1/1 Photo of Holiday Tortellini Soup
This is a hearty and flavorful soup. It can be made ahead and freezes well. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or 2 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (49 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2Add pancetta.
- 3Cook until crisp.
- 4Add onion; cook 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- 5Add garlic; cook 1 more minute.
- 6Add broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- 8Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture.
- 9Stir in tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes.
- 10Add spinach and cook just until wilted.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Garnish with cheese.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 1047.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: