1/1 Photo of Homemade Braided Sweet Bread
1 hr 20 mins
This bread recipe is very simple and comes out as a perfect bread that can be used for snacks or sandwiches (if rolls are made).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix yeast and warm water, and let sit so that the yeast can react. The yeast should begin to foam.
- 2Mix dry ingredients together.
- 3In a small saucepan, heat milk, rosewater, butter, and egg yolks. Be careful not to let the eggs cook and become solid.
- 4Mix yeast/water with dry ingredients. When thoroughly incorporated, mix in milk/egg mixture until a dough is formed.
- 5Knead dough, then cover, and let rise about 20 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.(Times vary depending on warmth of environment.).
- 6Punch down the dough and form into the desired shape (one or two braided loaves, rolls, etc.). Again, cover and let double in size.
- 7Bake bread at 350 for about 20 minutes. (If making rolls, you may need to adjust the time.).
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Braided Sweet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 11.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: