This bread recipe is very simple and comes out as a perfect bread that can be used for snacks or sandwiches (if rolls are made).
- Mix yeast and warm water, and let sit so that the yeast can react. The yeast should begin to foam.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, rosewater, butter, and egg yolks. Be careful not to let the eggs cook and become solid.
- Mix yeast/water with dry ingredients. When thoroughly incorporated, mix in milk/egg mixture until a dough is formed.
- Knead dough, then cover, and let rise about 20 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.(Times vary depending on warmth of environment.).
- Punch down the dough and form into the desired shape (one or two braided loaves, rolls, etc.). Again, cover and let double in size.
- Bake bread at 350 for about 20 minutes. (If making rolls, you may need to adjust the time.).