Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from "The Italian Family Cookbook" and can be found on page 26. Gorgonzola cheese is a popular sharp Italian cheese. Combine the sharpness of the cheese with the crisp pears and the sweet red onions and well, your taste buds will whisper they love you! Enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) bagfield greens mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 barlett pear, sliced very thin
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Toss to mix well.
- Serve chilled.
- Note: Prep time does not include chill time.
Delicious! This combination works very well. Pears are such an underused fruit, in my opinion, so I was happy to see this recipe. I made this exactly as written. The dressing was good, but I feel like it should have had more flavor like some mustard and citrus. Next time I will add those (and maybe more) to the dressing. Thanx!
What a lovely combination of flavours and textures! I didn't realize how well gorgonzola would go with pear, so it was a very, very pleasant surprise. I used more vinegar and less olive oil in the salad (personal preference). We really enjoyed this salad, thanks for posting the recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2009.