My modifications to #116054. The Israeli couscous really makes this a wonderful salad. A small round pasta such as Pearl Pasta can also be substituted. Can be served right away, but best if refrigerated for a few hours. Great for using up tomatoes and basil from the garden. If using larger tomatoes, dice and drain prior to mixing.
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) containerfresh perline mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 (8 ounce) box israeli couscous
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- basil leaves, for garnish
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- In a large bowl combine the tomato, mozzarella, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic, toss well then refrigerate, covered, to marinate for 30 minutes
- Cook couscous according to directions.
- Rinse Couscous with cold water until cool.
- Toss Couscous and Basil with tomato and mozzarella mixture.
- Garnish with whole basil leaves serve.