1/1 Photo of Israeli Couscous, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Chef #609434's Note:
My modifications to #116054. The Israeli couscous really makes this a wonderful salad. A small round pasta such as Pearl Pasta can also be substituted. Can be served right away, but best if refrigerated for a few hours. Great for using up tomatoes and basil from the garden. If using larger tomatoes, dice and drain prior to mixing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container fresh perline mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 (8 ounce) box israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- basil leaves, for garnish
- 1Halve cherry tomatoes.
- 2In a large bowl combine the tomato, mozzarella, olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic, toss well then refrigerate, covered, to marinate for 30 minutes
- 3Cook couscous according to directions.
- 4Rinse Couscous with cold water until cool.
- 5Toss Couscous and Basil with tomato and mozzarella mixture.
- 6Garnish with whole basil leaves serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Israeli Couscous, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.8 mg
- Sodium 437.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.7 g