Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have made these Italian Beef sandwiches for so many years. I have no Idea where I got the recipe, but everyone who eats my Italian beef says it is the best they have ever eaten.
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (any brand)
- 1 (1 ounce) packagegood season Italian salad dressing mix (or cheap brand)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (or to your taste, From Jar)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 lb more margarine, for buttering your buns
- 1 (17 ounce) packageof deli buns, for making sandwiches
- Put all ingredients in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cook till meat is falling apart.
- When meat is done, remove from pan and cool slightly. Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut the meat into 1 inch pieces and shred.
- Return meat to juice and reheat.
- While meat is reheating, get out the number of buns you will be needing.
- Split them and HEAVILY BUTTER them (this is one of the big secrets to great Italian beef sandwiches).
- Put the hot meat on the buns and wrap in aluminum foil; place on plate with chips and serve hot.