4 hrs 10 mins
Darlene Summers's Note:
I have made these Italian Beef sandwiches for so many years. I have no Idea where I got the recipe, but everyone who eats my Italian beef says it is the best they have ever eaten.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (any brand)
- 1 (1 ounce) package good season Italian salad dressing mix (or cheap brand)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (or to your taste, From Jar)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 lb more margarine, for buttering your buns
- 1 (17 ounce) package of deli buns, for making sandwiches
- 1Put all ingredients in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cook till meat is falling apart.
- 2When meat is done, remove from pan and cool slightly. Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut the meat into 1 inch pieces and shred.
- 3Return meat to juice and reheat.
- 4While meat is reheating, get out the number of buns you will be needing.
- 5Split them and HEAVILY BUTTER them (this is one of the big secrets to great Italian beef sandwiches).
- 6Put the hot meat on the buns and wrap in aluminum foil; place on plate with chips and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Beef N Beer
Serving Size: 1 (1979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.8
- Calories from Fat 571
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 835.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix