1/2 Photos of Italian Bread for the Bread Machine
4 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
I am in Australia at the moment & my sister has a bread machine. I wanted to try a flavored loaf & this was the result. You could also add a handful of black olives if you'd like which I would have, but my sister doesn't like them. The prep time includes 40mins to roast the garlic, & 20mins to chop, grate, etc. all add-ins. Cook time is for the machine.
My Private Note
Loaf (1 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 350 ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 650 g white bread flour (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1Put first 7 ingredients into bread machine in order listed (or as per your bread machine's instructions).
- 2Start bread machine, again as per your instructions.
- 3(Mine says cook as"French" bread with a Medium crust).
- 4When prompted to add ingredients (usually towards the end of the second knead) add the mashed garlic cloves, onion, oregano,cheeses& black pepper.
- 5Let bread rise& cook.
- 6Serve warm with butter.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Bread for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (1228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3044.2
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 95.6 mg
- Sodium 6004.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 526.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 107.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: