Cook3 hrs 30 mins
I am in Australia at the moment & my sister has a bread machine. I wanted to try a flavored loaf & this was the result. You could also add a handful of black olives if you'd like which I would have, but my sister doesn't like them. The prep time includes 40mins to roast the garlic, & 20mins to chop, grate, etc. all add-ins. Cook time is for the machine.
- 350 ml water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 650 g white bread flour (4 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon bread improver
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 8 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- Put first 7 ingredients into bread machine in order listed (or as per your bread machine's instructions).
- Start bread machine, again as per your instructions.
- (Mine says cook as"French" bread with a Medium crust).
- When prompted to add ingredients (usually towards the end of the second knead) add the mashed garlic cloves, onion, oregano,cheeses& black pepper.
- Let bread rise& cook.
- Serve warm with butter.
Delicious and perfect with pasta! We served this bread with Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells Ricotta and Spinach Stuffed Pasta Shells and received rave reviews. I made a few slight changes in the recipe--such as using 1 tsp garlic salt and 1 tsp garlic powder in place of regular salt and garlic cloves. I also eliminated the bread improver because I didn't know what it was and used only 1 tsp pepper. To allow for my higher elevation I used only 1 tsp yeast. The bread came out perfectly and we will definitely be making this again soon.
Very flavorful and easy to put together. The smell while baking made me so hungry! Very tasty. Thanks for posting. Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
Oh my, this smelt wonderful while it was cooking in the bread machine. I kept to the recipe didn't change a thing but if I make it again I would defiantly add the oregano and black pepper with the flour to distribute evenly through the bread. This was so yummy plain or with butter. Thank you MrsSPheonix