Light casserole bread that goes very well with spaghetti, lasagna, etc. Whip this up in just a few minutes and then cook your meal. Has a biscuit like texture, my DS loves this one.
- Heat oven to 375 & grease a 1.5 qt round casserole dish.
- Combine milk, melted butter & egg white, beating until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until Bisquick is moistened; it'll be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared dish & bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool.
Wonderful. A really quick bread that doesn't require any messing around with yeast or or anything-- I subbed butter for olive oil, and sprinkled the top with extra Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese so I got a nice cheesy crispy crust. A definite winner!
When I told my guests I was going to make bread for our Christmas dinner, everyone scoffed! This recipe is so quick and simple, yet everyone loved the result. The bread is made with Bisquick, so it has somewhat of a biscuit texture, but the cheese adds creaminess and makes for a soft inside. The crispy crust was nice not dry. I served the bread along with the Absolute Best Ever Lasagna and Italian Chopped Salad recipes, also found on Food.com. Highly recommend.
Really great easy tasty recipe! Thanks for posting!