Sundried tomatoes, prosciutto, basil add a nice touch to this salad. Making it a great summer salad. I wanted a green dressing for St Patrick's day and came up with this. I know It is Italian but still yummy. The dressing is good as a dip or sandwich spread.
- 4 -5 cups cauliflower (stem removed and broken into flowerets)
- 4 -5 cups broccoli (stem removed and broken into flowerets)
- 1 -2 ounce prosciutto, 1 cup diced (cooked till crisp)
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup diced
- 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese, diced small (sharp aged 7 months)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Grey Poupon mustard, coarse ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup scallion (1 cup chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blander and blend till smooth.
- Pour over salad and toss till will coated.
- Chill till ready to use.
The color of the salad was unique. The cauliflower was very crisp--and altogether this was a very different and yummy salad!