Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A classic salad with an Italian twist. Note: Olives, artichoke hearts, and salami all add salt, so you may find you don't need further salt in the salad. Serves 2-3 as a main course salad, 4 as side salad.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, sliced thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cubed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -2 ounce dry salami, cut in thin strips
- 1 ounce provolone cheese, cut in thin strips
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, diced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli floret, blanched (optional)
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olives, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place all salad ingredients in large salad bowl, lettuce on the bottom and meat/veges on top.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat with oil, then vinegar. Toss. Serve immediately.
definetly good! i used roma tomatoes, and a pesto dressing, but the veggies were so good! I didnt stir in the lettuce (i knew there'd be leftovers) so served it over lettuce.