Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick and easy and yummy to boot!!! Threw this together one day when I was in a rush. You can substitute hamburger for the chicken.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook chicken until done in a skillet using olive oil and a touch of butter for flavour over medium heat.
- Add in tomatoes to deglaze the pan and then add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for 20 minutes on medium low temperature until vegetables are tender.
- Serve over white rice or pasta.
- I love to serve this with recipe #82356, Cheese and Jalapeno Foccacia Bread.
This is delicious! The only change I made was I used a yellow pepper instead of a green. The blend of flavors is really wonderful!! This will definitely be a favorite summer meal for us. Quick to fix too! Thanks for posting it!