I created this tasty and easy dish for my husband and kids using two things they love--sausage and peppers, but made it a bit more healthy using chicken sausage instead of pork.
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canrecipe ready tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lb mini penne pasta, cooked al dente
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat large skillet and add olive oil. Add sausage and brown on all sides. Remove sausage to cutting board.
- Add onion to pan and cook about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Then add peppers, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
- While pepper mixture is cooking. Cut sausage into bite sized pieces. Then add back to skillet when peppers are just about done.
- Add tomatoes and wine and let come to boil. Turn down to simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Stir in cooked and drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Made this as directed adding tortellini instead of the mini penne. DELICIOUS!!!! Will use this recipe from now on. I added a photo as well. Happy Cooking!
Another one I forgot to rate - make this a while back and it is time to make again. Made exactly as posted here and we loved it. Very easy to prepare and along with a nice salad, this is good enough for company fare. I am moving to my "Tried & True" folder. Thanks for posting.