1/1 Photo of Italian Chicken Sausage and Peppers Skillet
Chef Luvfood's Note:
I created this tasty and easy dish for my husband and kids using two things they love--sausage and peppers, but made it a bit more healthy using chicken sausage instead of pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can recipe ready tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lb mini penne pasta, cooked al dente
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat large skillet and add olive oil. Add sausage and brown on all sides. Remove sausage to cutting board.
- 2Add onion to pan and cook about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Then add peppers, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook until crisp tender.
- 3While pepper mixture is cooking. Cut sausage into bite sized pieces. Then add back to skillet when peppers are just about done.
- 4Add tomatoes and wine and let come to boil. Turn down to simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Stir in cooked and drained pasta.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken Sausage and Peppers Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 198.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian chicken sausage
tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano