Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cream oleo, Crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs, almond extract, cinnamon, cream and milk.
- Mix in nuts and baking powder and flour.
- Roll small balls into long rolls, then kind of flatten it.
- Slice in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put on cookie sheet.
- Bake until done at 350 degrees.
- Mix melted butter and powdered sugar.
- Put in small containers and add different food colorings.
- Spread on cooled cookies and let harden.
- Then put in canned containers.
- Can store for months.
Giving these cookies a 5 star rating for their very light and fluffy texture...I have never had a cookie so airy! I did have to make one substitution though because I forgot I used the last of my almond extract yesterday on a home school experiment. I subbed a Tbs. of imitation rum extract and a Tbs. of real vanilla...oh, I also used 1-1/2 cups butter as we do not use shortening or margarine. The results were very tasty and not overly sweet (we opted not to ice them). I can't wait to make them again only next time I will make as directed with the almond extract. One note- in order to work with the dough, you really need to chill and take small batches out at a time. Thanks for sharing your recipe- made and reviewed for My-3-Chefs fall 08