Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
An Italian twist on the picnic deviled egg. Makes a very nice potluck addition. Prep time include boiling eggs.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- parsley, chopped
- Peel and halve eggs.
- Remove yolks to a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard, blending until smooth.
- Stir in pesto, cheese and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into egg white shells and garnish with parsley.
- Refrigerate to meld flavors.
Awesome and unique deviled eggs! I really enjoyed these and will make again. I dont think they needed the salt/pepper but I added a touch anyway. Thanks!
Very good. A great change from regular deviled eggs. Thanks for posting.
Oh my. I've found my new favorite when it comes to deviled eggs! I never would have considered adding pesto, but boy am I glad that I have smart folks like you to turn to when I need my eyes opened! This couldn't have been more simple and wonderful, and as my husband only tolerates pickles and/or relish for a very short time (he thinks I don't see him picking them out about halfway through anything they are in) this is perfect for him as well. This is absolutely going in my book permanently and will be made at all future opportunities in which deviled eggs are necessary. Thanks so much!