Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple but very Good.
Make and share this Italian Garden Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces rotini noodles (plain colored)
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 ounce black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halfed
- 3⁄4 cup prepared buttermilk dressing (ranch)
- Prepare Rotini accourding to the package.
- Add Carrots, Pepper, Broccoli, Olives, and tomatoes.
- Toss well with Salad Dressing.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator one hour before serving.
I changed a few things for this, and the family loved it. I put in 1/2 can of chopped black olives, added 1/2 cup of chopped green olives, and used zesty italian dressing-enough to coat everything. Big hit with stuffed cheese egg shells that had been baked in ragu sauce. Thanks. Peggy
I agree with the recipe description: simple, but good! This sald tastes like many of the deli salads available in grocery stores or salad bars. I served it with another Recipezaar dish Greek Phyllo Chicken. The creamy dressing adds flavor to the crisp vegetables.
This salad is great prepared with either the creamy dressing OR bottled Italian dressing. I also added a can of sliced water chestnuts, for what reason I do not really know, but it was EXCELLENT!!! Also tossed in some cauliflower florets, and I blanched the broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower; just added them to the noodles in the last few minutes of cooking. SUPERB!!