Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My neighbors made this for a summer picnic and it was delicious. They used an Italian dressing made at a local restaurant. Experiment a little or try Newman's Own Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 2 lbs frozen raw shrimp (thawed and drained)
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing (a sweet or spicy brand that you like, but NOT fat-free)
- 3 small zucchini (sliced)
- 3 small summer squash (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (cubed)
Any other grillable veggies you like
- onions, chunked (etc.) or cherry tomatoes (etc.) or mushroom (etc.)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a large zip-lock bag.
- Seal and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thread shrimp and veggies onto metal skewers, alternating as desired.
- Grill over medium heat about 4 minutes, turn once and grill 4 minutes more.
- Remove from skewers and serve hot.
- This also works as a stir-fry: Marinate as above and then saute all ingredients over medium-high heat in a large skillet until shrimp are pink.
You know, I've marinated chicken in Italian dressing since the beginning of time - but never thought to do shrimp! Mahalo for a new and great way to do shrimp!
Terrific recipe and a gorgeous presentation, KeyWee. I made my own Italian dressing and added cherry tomatoes and sweet onions. I used Emeril's Bayou Blast Emeril's Creole Seasoning (aka Bayou Blast).