I got this from a crock pot cookbook several years ago and have made it many times. We all love it. Get a crusty sub roll, spread it with butter, garlic salt and pop in under the broiler for a few minutes and then make your sandwich. It is yummy and easy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 -7 crusty hoagie rolls
- provolone cheese
- Combine all the ingredients for meatballs; mix well.
- Shape into 1" balls and broil or saute till brown.
- Put into a crock pot.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a sauce pan and heat pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Put on sub rolls along with Provolone cheese and put under the broiler for a few minutes till cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Good and I want your sub, too.
These were great! My DH dosen't normally like meatballs but he thought these were the best he had ever eaten. Love that you cook them in the crock pot. They were simple and easy. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.
These were fantastic! I admit, I ran out of time so just mixed the sauce on the stove top (never used a crock pot!) It was incredibly easy and delish. I used low fat cheese and egg whites instead of regular eggs. Also, I didn't know I was out of milk until I began this recipe (long day :)) so I subbed light sour cream. I topped with the cream cheese spread from Divine Meatball Sandwiches which made these out of this world! Thanks so much for sharing!