1/1 Photo of Italian Meatballs
1 hr 30 mins
These are so handy to have on hand for those busy days or unexpected company, that is if you can hold on to them that long. I had to get them in bags before my husband made a full meal without the sauce. They can be used in sauces, wedding soup, as part of the entree with vegies, with dips, let your imagination go. I sometimes serve these with my Marinara sauce here at recipezaar. Talk about a quick meal! All I know is I didn't make enough...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork loin
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (I use Uncle Bill's recipe, except instead of dry parsley I like fresh)
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -1 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped very fine
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pine nuts (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Combine all your ingredients in a large steel bowl, preferably cold to begin.
- 2Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- 3Let stand for 1/2 hour, to blend the ingredients-- I loosely put a wax paper over the top and put the meat back in the fridge.
- 4Shape into medium size meatballs about 2 1/2" or so.
- 5You can fry them at this point if you like-- but I like them beautifully round so I put them in the oven for 1/2 hour at 350* When using them in your own sauce for spaghetti, gentely cook them on meium-low for 1 hour so they absorb the flavors of the sauce or any other food you are cooking them with.
- 6If you are freezing them: After baking, let them cool.
- 7Place in Zip-loc bags and store in freezer until ready for use.
- 8You can quadruple this recipe and make as many as you wish.
- 9it is fast and easy.
- 10This recipe makes approx.
- 1196 meatballs.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (3944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 127.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g