The pasta chips can be made ahead for this original appetizer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the lasagne noodles into large trangular"chip" shapes.
- 2Pour the pasta sauce into a small saucepan and set over low heat to warm while you make the nachos Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- 3Fry the pasta chips in batches without crowding until crisp and golden, 2-3 minutes.
- 4Remove the chips from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 5Sprinkle the hot chips with the Italian seasoning and coarse salt to taste. On a platter, layer the chips with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 6Heat in oven or microwave until the cheese is melted and bubbly Serve the nachos immediately, with the warm pasta sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2092.1
- Calories from Fat 1615
- Total Fat 179.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 621.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning