I got this recipe from my monthly Betty Crocker recipe book (Jan 2001). It is very easy to make and so good. I used about a cup of swiss cheese and I used fresh chopped basil. The flavor was amazing! I added a salad and it made a complete meal.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 -25 slices French baguettes, about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated alfredo sauce
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Heat Oven to 400. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, brush bread with butter. line bottom and side of pie plate, 9 x 1 1/2 inches, with bread, butter side up and slightly overlapping slices. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350. Stir swiss cheese and 1 tablespoon of the basil into the alfredo sauce. Toss sauce and pasta. Spoon into baked crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and Romano cheese.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining basil.