1/1 Photo of Italian Pasta Pie
Chef #801438's Note:
I got this recipe from my monthly Betty Crocker recipe book (Jan 2001). It is very easy to make and so good. I used about a cup of swiss cheese and I used fresh chopped basil. The flavor was amazing! I added a salad and it made a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 18 -25 slices French baguettes, about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 (10 ounce) container refrigerated alfredo sauce
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese or 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1Heat Oven to 400. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- 2While pasta is cooking, brush bread with butter. line bottom and side of pie plate, 9 x 1 1/2 inches, with bread, butter side up and slightly overlapping slices. Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- 3Reduce oven temperature to 350. Stir swiss cheese and 1 tablespoon of the basil into the alfredo sauce. Toss sauce and pasta. Spoon into baked crust. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions and Romano cheese.
- 4Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta Pie
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 1271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: