Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe posted by request.
Make and share this Italian Potted Beef-Pressure Cooker recipe from Food.com.
- 9 lbs rump steak or 9 lbs chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons cooking oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cups diced celery
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- Heat the cooker, add oil and brown roast on all sides.
- Add veggies and seasonings.
- Blend the paste with the broth and wine.
- Pour over meat and veg.
- Close cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes at 15 pounds pressure.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Thicken gravy if desired.
This was really great! Even the kids liked it! I served it with the sauce over rice. *zesty* people may want to add a couple teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
Came out great! I used a 3 pound chuck roast ( and 1/2 of everythibg else) - and I cooked under pressure for about an hour -- longer than the recipe says--for really soft meat. Thanks for the great recipe.
I'm allergic to mushrooms so omitted those, and discovered that the price of the equivalent of a chuck roast here in the Netherlands was ridiculously high, so substituted Sucadelappen (meat a little like chops which traditionally cooks for 2.5 hours on the stove top or in the oven) and it turned out great ! DH adored this recipe, I would have liked a little less tomato in the sauce, but that's personal preference, not anything wrong with the recipe as the meat was super tender and was just falling off the bones and as my first ever pressure cooker recipe was a definiate hit. It's going into my handwritten cookbook to join the family favourites. Thanks ! :)