Lemon flavored and moist, this cake is delicious with a topping of sweetened berries. From Italian Forever.
- For the cake:.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, lemon extract, milk, ricotta, flour and lemon zest, and beat well for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Combine the blueberries, lemon, sugar and 1/2 cup of water, and cook until thickened. Remove and cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, dust lightly with the powdered sugar.
- Serve a small slice with a spoonful of blueberry topping.