1/4 Photos of Italian Ricotta Lemon Cake With Blueberry Topping
Lemon flavored and moist, this cake is delicious with a topping of sweetened berries. From Italian Forever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 large eggs
- powdered sugar, for topping
For the topping
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Butter and flour a 9" cake pan.
- 4In a bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 5Add the eggs, lemon extract, milk, ricotta, flour and lemon zest, and beat well for 2 minutes on high speed.
- 6Pour into your prepared pan.
- 7Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- 9Combine the blueberries, lemon, sugar and 1/2 cup of water, and cook until thickened. Remove and cool.
- 10Once the cake has cooled, dust lightly with the powdered sugar.
- 11Serve a small slice with a spoonful of blueberry topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Ricotta Lemon Cake With Blueberry Topping
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.7
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 218.6 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 151.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 99.2 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of