1/1 Photo of Italian Salami Risotto
This risotto has a lovely blend of flavours and if you use a green bell pepper, it incorporates the colours of the italian flag! You can leave out the mascarpone although I love the flavour and creaminess it gives the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large slice salami, chopped (4oz)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bell pepper, diced (I use yellow or green for variety of colour)
- 1/2 cup rehydrated sun-dried tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio risotto rice
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried ground oregano (feel free to use fresh if you have it!)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan.
- 2Add the salami, onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 3Add the bell pepper and sundried tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- 4Add the arborio rice to the pan and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- 5Add the white wine, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until the wine has been absorbed. While the rice is absorbing the wine, heat your chicken stock (this can be done at an earlier stage and kept warm if you prefer).
- 6Add the chicken stock 1/2 a cup at a time, stirring occasionally. Each time, make sure the stock is absorbed before you add more or it will be a very runny risotto! The non-stick pan is important for this stage, so the rice doesn't stick when the stock is low.
- 7With the last half cup of stock, add the ground oregano and stir well.
- 8When the stock is all absorbed, taste the risotto to make sure the rice is tender (if not, add another 1/4 cup of stock).
- 9Add the mascarpone cheese and stir until it has melted in
- 10Serve hot and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Salami Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.4 mg
- Sodium 977.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 18.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: