1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Bake
1 hr 45 mins
It's guaranteed to improve your Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- 2Cut Italian sausage into 2" pieces.
- 3Bake in oven 30 minutes.
- 4In the meantime cut onions into 1/4 slices.
- 5Slice bell peppers into 1/2" slices.
- 6Saute onions in olive oil just until tender; set aside.
- 7In same skillet, saute bell pepper slices just until tender.
- 8Add drained tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pinch sugar to pan; stir to mix.
- 9Add onions and cooked sausage pieces; mix.
- 10Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake additional 10-15 minutes.
- 12Tip: I use a black iron Dutch oven with lid not only to saute, but for the final baking process also.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Bake
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1101.2
- Calories from Fat 761
- Total Fat 84.6 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 161.7 mg
- Sodium 3435.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 56.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning