This can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. It's a fairly simple recipe with ingredients that are easily found in the grocery store! I personally use the Spicy Turkey Italian Sausages when making this recipe although it calls for mild.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in sauce pan and drain.
- Spread evenly over bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in butter until almost all liquid is absorbed (you can add a few dashes of white wine at this stage if you prefer.
- Spread mushrooms over sausage.
- Layer swiss chard and cheese over mushrooms.
- In bowl beat the eggs, milk and Dijon mustard and pour evenly over all.
- Place in oven on middle rack, bake uncovered for 1 hour, (or until middle is firm to touch).
- Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 15-18 minutes. Divide and cut into serving sizes.
- Top with green onions or sour cream (or both) if you desire.