1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Frittata
1 hr 10 mins
This can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. It's a fairly simple recipe with ingredients that are easily found in the grocery store! I personally use the Spicy Turkey Italian Sausages when making this recipe although it calls for mild.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Brown sausage in sauce pan and drain.
- 3Spread evenly over bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 4Sauté mushrooms and garlic in butter until almost all liquid is absorbed (you can add a few dashes of white wine at this stage if you prefer.
- 5Spread mushrooms over sausage.
- 6Layer swiss chard and cheese over mushrooms.
- 7In bowl beat the eggs, milk and Dijon mustard and pour evenly over all.
- 8Place in oven on middle rack, bake uncovered for 1 hour, (or until middle is firm to touch).
- 9Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and let stand 15-18 minutes. Divide and cut into serving sizes.
- 10Top with green onions or sour cream (or both) if you desire.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 734.7
- Calories from Fat 500
- Total Fat 55.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 598.1 mg
- Sodium 1821.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 45.3 g