1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Lasagna
1 hr 35 mins
Another recipe of mine that I have tweaked over the years, that will probably change again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 ounce) package no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 28 ounces whole canned tomatoes (undrained)
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Crumble Italian sausage into a large skillet. Brown sausage until no longer pink and drain onto paper towels. Wipe out skillet with paper towels. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan and heat until shimmering. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- 2Stir in the cooked Italian sausage, tomatoes (undrained), tomato paste, sugar, half of the basil and the pepper. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- 3In a small bowl blend ricotta, egg, parsley, Parmaigano-Reggiano and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 4Put a layer of noodles in a 9 X 13 pan, a layer of meat sauce, layer of ricotta mixture and a layer of the cheese then repeat all the layers twice more. Cover with foil.
- 5Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes more. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.7
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.6 mg
- Sodium 1831.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles