Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yet another great recipe I found in my moms collection.It is always fun to try a differnt spin on a traditional food and this is a good one!
- Grease,lightly,a 13x9x2 inch dish.
- After cleaning mushrooms,remove stems.
- Set aside.
- Put mushroom caps in dish.
- In a medium skillet,combine the garlic and sausage.
- Brown the sausage,and crumble as stirring.
- Drain well.
- Position a knife's blade in processor bowl.
- Add the stems of mushrooms,sausage and the pepper.
- Cover top,and process for 30 seconds.
- By spoonfuls,add filling to mushrooms,then sprikle the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- You may garnish the mushrooms with the fresh parsley.
These were very tastie, I made tonight for some light snacking. I made just a couple of changes. I mixed one cup of mozz cheese in the mix, along with a bunch more garlic then called for also a few sprigs of fresh Basil. You did not state what temp to bake at, I guessed 375, it took a little longer then the 15 minutes, but it was a very nice treat, thank you. Charlee
These made great munchies at a recent football gathering we had. The guys really dug the hot sausage.They need to be eaten while hot though, not to good after they cool off. Next time I think I'll mix the cheese into the stuffing instead of topping it off. It made them look pretty but didn't really incorporate into the around flavor as it just sort of fell off when you tried to eat.