1/2 Photos of Italian Sausage Pie (Low Fat/Low Cholesterol)
We found out my husband has very high cholesterol, and we have had to become creative. We took an origianl family recipe, and modified using regular mild italina sausage with turkey sausage, heavy cream with low fat milk, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 eggs (can substitute with egg beaters)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 uncooked deep dish pie shell
- 3/4 cup fat free mozzarella cheese (can substitute with cheddar or monterey jack)
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1brown sausage, and ground to small pieces drain& rinse with hot water.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 375* Mix remaining ingredients in a med size bowl setting aside 1/4 c of cheese.
- 4Pour mixture into pieshell, and bake for 35 minutes.
- 5Add remaining cheese, and bake for another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Pie (Low Fat/Low Cholesterol)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.5 mg
- Sodium 633.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian turkey sausage links