My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs Italian sausage
- 1 cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 tablespoons Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1Cut Italian sausage into 2-inch lengths.
- 2Brown sausage off in olive oil (about half cook it), remove from pan and put aside, Add flour to oil that was used and make roux.
- 3Add onions, celery, and bell pepper.
- 4Stir and cook until tender or clear.
- 5Add water and stir until smooth.
- 6Add wine (you may wish to experiment with the amount of wine used, 2 cups is too much for some tastes), parsley, and garlic.
- 7Pour in red pepper, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, dried mint, and tomato sauce.
- 8Stir real well.
- 9Bring to a bubbly boil and add salt, to taste.
- 10Add sausage.
- 11Bring back to a boil.
- 12Turn heat down to simmer.
- 13Cook for about 3 or 4 hours.
- 14Serve over spaghetti topped with cheese.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.4
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1945.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 26.1 g