1/3 Photos of Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1 hr 15 mins
Another frequently-made recipe from my days of cooking for a caterer. A really elegant dish that can be easily doubled for a dinner party. Savory chicken breasts stuffed with spinach-ricotta-pesto-prosciutto, and topped with a light mushroom sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 lb spinach, trimmed
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
For basting chicken
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast pine nuts 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Reserve.
- 2Put washed spinach in skillet, cover. Steam about 2 minutes. Place in strainer, rinse with cold water and squeeze as much liquid out as possible. Chop medium fine.
- 3Heat butter in skillet, saute shallots until soft.
- 4Increase oven to 375 degrees.
- 5Butter a shallow baking dish.
- 6Mix pine nuts, spinach, shallots, ricotta cheese, egg yolk and pepper.
- 7Pound chicken breasts slightly.
- 8Place 1/.2 slice prosciutto on each breast, followed by 1/6 of filling. Fold in half. Place in buttered baking dish.
- 9Mix melted butter and lemon juice. Spoon over chicken breasts. Bake, basting occassionally, for 30 minutes (or until tender). Remove to platter and keep warm.
- 10Make sauce: Melt butter in skillet, saute mushrooms 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms.
- 11Add stock to skillet, boil until rediced to 1/4 cup. Add wine, boil until reduced to 1/2 cup. Add cream, boil until reduced to 3/4 cup.
- 12Return mushrooms to sauce.
- 13Add whatever juices have accumulated in chicken dish to sauce. Bring to boil, stirring. Add basil.
- 14Serve chicken breasts on platter. Pass sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.8
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 226.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: