1 hr 5 mins
Easy and tasty stuffed zucchini with Italian sausage and cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 1/2 lb)
- 1 1/2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry small shell macaroni
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and hollow out, leaving shell 1/8 thick.
- 2Chop pulp and measure 2 cups.
- 3Cook sausage, crumbling meat as it cooks.
- 4Add zucchini pulp, onion, and garlic to the sausage, and continue to cook until sausage has lost all pink color.
- 5Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions and drain in colander.
- 6Drain fat from sausage and combine with macaroni, tomato, cheddar cheese, parsley, oregano and salt, mixing well.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 8Brush inside of zucchini halves with olive oil and salt lightly.
- 9Mound the filling in the halves and place in a shallow baking dish.
- 10Add about 1/2 cup or more of water, cover with foil and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.0
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.5 mg
- Sodium 2120.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 38.6 g