Prep 5 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a very flavorful, simple pasta salad that is similar to Antipasto, yet very unique in its flavors and textures. I love the fresh garlic and the mixture of seasonings. Very, very nice for picnics, potlucks, and well...just anytime:)
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta or 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed provolone cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 lb hard-cooked salami, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced (1 c.)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup red sweet bell pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings ("or" diced, if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water, the drain again.
- In large bowl, toss together pasta, cubed cheese, salami, cauliflower, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, olives, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- In small bowl or screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Pour mixture over salad, and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- To serve, add tomatoes, and toss gently.
I don't know if you mean "Genoa" salami by "hard cooked" salami. I have used Genoa salami this recipe many times & it's great. I also just use ready Italian dressing. It works fine too.