5 hrs 15 mins
This is a very flavorful, simple pasta salad that is similar to Antipasto, yet very unique in its flavors and textures. I love the fresh garlic and the mixture of seasonings. Very, very nice for picnics, potlucks, and well...just anytime:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta or 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups cubed provolone cheese or 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (6 oz.)
- 1/2 lb hard-cooked salami, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced (1 c.)
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers or 1/2 cup red sweet bell pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings ("or" diced, if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water, the drain again.
- 2In large bowl, toss together pasta, cubed cheese, salami, cauliflower, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, olives, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- 3In small bowl or screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Pour mixture over salad, and toss to coat.
- 6Cover and chill 4-24 hours.
- 7To serve, add tomatoes, and toss gently.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian-Style Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.9
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.2 mg
- Sodium 882.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g