Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a twist on meatloaf. This one's made from turkey and loaded with flavor.
Make and share this Italian Style Turkey Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed (turkey or pork)
- 1⁄2 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce or 1 cup tomato and oregano pasta sauce, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large glass bowl combine all the ingredients except 1/2 cup of sauce.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Turn out and shape meat into a loaf and place in a bread pan.
- Spread remaining sauce over top of loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
Excellent meatloaf! Used my own bread crumbs, don't like the ones out of green cans. Next day, sliced meatloaf on garlic bread was the ticket on a rainy day.
I added a few teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce. Turned out great! Meatloaf is my husbands favorite dish and he loved this
Very flavorful meatloaf and a little different taste than the usual. It was too salty for my taste and I like salt. I will omit the tsp of salt next time because there is plenty in the cheese, sauce and breadcrumbs. The texture was good and I will make it again with adjustments to the salt. Thanks, Carole in Orlando