Tastes like an Italian sub.... but it's a salad! Nice for summer picnics. Best if eaten the day prepared.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked drained and cooled
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 4 ounces diced cooked ham
- 4 ounces diced hard salami
- 4 ounces cubed provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Make sure your pasta has cooled completely.
- In a large bowl, toss together pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, red bell pepper, shredded lettuce, chopped onion, sliced black olives, ham, salami and provolone.
- In a jar or crouet, pour all the dressing ingredients. Shake very very well.
- Pour over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- If not eating right away, give another good mix/toss before serving.
- Best if eaten the same day as prepared.