Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
I took this amazing soup by Giada DeLaurentiis and added my own spin on it. The meatballs in this soup are so wonderful because of the combination of pork & beef. I've substituted frozen spinach for the traditional kale because I prefer it, but you can add the kale if you'd like. This is a "must try" recipe!
- 1 small onion, grated
- 78.07 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2839.08 ml chicken broth
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 large eggs
- 29.58 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork.
- Shape the meat mixture into "marble-sized" meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Add spinach.
- Whisk the eggs and cheese in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion and drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth to form thin stands of egg.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Finish soup with parmesan cheese if desired.