I took this amazing soup by Giada DeLaurentiis and added my own spin on it. The meatballs in this soup are so wonderful because of the combination of pork & beef. I've substituted frozen spinach for the traditional kale because I prefer it, but you can add the kale if you'd like. This is a "must try" recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, grated
- 78.07 ml fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml salt
- 78.07 ml breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2Stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork.
- 3Shape the meat mixture into "marble-sized" meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- 5Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 6Add the meatballs and simmer until the meatballs are cooked through.
- 7Add spinach.
- 8Whisk the eggs and cheese in a medium bowl to blend. Stir the soup in a circular motion and drizzle the egg mixture into the moving broth to form thin stands of egg.
- 9Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- 10Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Finish soup with parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Wedding Soup - Giada De Laurentiis
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.0
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 1362.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g