Looking for something new to do with all that summer squash? This will become a family favorite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushroom
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons oregano, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup aged provolone cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Unroll crescent dough and press into a 10 inch tart pan-cover bottom and up sides.
- 3Make sure you press perforations to seal.
- 4Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 5Spread crust with mustard, pressing gently with the back of your spoon if base has lifted.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In a large heavy skillet melt butter over medium high heat.
- 8Add squash, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- 9Cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 11In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
- 12Stir in the cheese and vegetable mixture.
- 13Pour over crust.
- 14Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 15Serve hot or let stand on a wire rack for 1 hour, serving warm.
- 16Makes 6 servings for a main dish, 8-10 for a side dish.
- 17You can use individual ramekins if you wish. Buy two tubes of the crescent rolls, allowing the points to drape over sides. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Yellow Squash Tart
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.8
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 858.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 17.4 g