Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Looking for something new to do with all that summer squash? This will become a family favorite!
Make and share this Italian Yellow Squash Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 cups thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup thinly sliced cremini mushroom
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons oregano, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup aged provolone cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll crescent dough and press into a 10 inch tart pan-cover bottom and up sides.
- Make sure you press perforations to seal.
- Bake for 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread crust with mustard, pressing gently with the back of your spoon if base has lifted.
- Set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add squash, mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley, basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Stir in the cheese and vegetable mixture.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve hot or let stand on a wire rack for 1 hour, serving warm.
- Makes 6 servings for a main dish, 8-10 for a side dish.
- You can use individual ramekins if you wish. Buy two tubes of the crescent rolls, allowing the points to drape over sides. Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.