1/3 Photos of Italian Zucchini
Judy from Hawaii's Note:
This is adapted from old Farm Journal Cookbook recipe & you have to figure the farmer's wives know what to do with a bumper zucchini crop!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove ends from zucchini& cut in half lengthwise.
- 2Cut each half in thirds crosswise.
- 3Place cut side down in hot oil in a large skillet.
- 4Add onion& cook until zucchini is lightly browned.
- 5Sprinkle zucchini with salt& spices and top with tomatoes.
- 6Cover and simmer for 15 mnutes.
- 7Uncover and simmer 20 minutes oruntil squash is tender and a fairly thick sauce is formed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 458.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g