This pie is Wonderful... I made for my adult children & they fell in love with it. Surprisingly the men LOVED it. I also made it for my friends mothers day celebration (about 20 people, made two pies) and her they all really loved it too. When there was only 1/2 pie left she took it and hid it from everyone so she could take it home LOL
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups muenster cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 homemade deep dish pie shell
- Saute the zucchini and onion in the butter until zucchini is softened and onions are translucent. Stir in the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and mustard, then add the zucchini/onion mixture.
- Spread the pie crust across the bottom and up the sides of baking dish that has been lightly greased. Carefully lift it into the dish and press across the bottom and up the sides.
- Pour zucchini mixture into the crust and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cover with foil for last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.