1/3 Photos of Kate L's Tipsy Mushroom Pepperoni Pizza
This is my signature pizza creation, set apart from your ordinary pepperoni and mushroom pizza by the fennel seeds and Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms #323900. I first read about fennel seeds when DH was given a spice set; fennel is supposed to aid the digestion of fatty things such as pepperoni and reduce GERD. We enjoy the slight anise-flavored crunch taste sensation, and DH's picky-eater son has embraced fennel seeds as well. Portabello mushrooms benefit from some precooking before loading as toppings; to avoid adding even more fat to my cheesy pizza, I began "sauteeing" my mushrooms in dry sherry in the microwave, as in Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms #323900. In a pinch, I use drained canned mushroom slices, but that hint of sherry flavor of the Tipsy Mushrooms really sets off my signature pizza. I use half mozzarella and half Sargent's shredded 6-cheese Italian blend for my ultimate pizza, but you can use whatever mix of cheeses you prefer. We strongly prefer Margarita sliced pepperoni over Hormel's. DH and I always loved Boboli pizza crust and Boboli pizza sauce; if you want even bolder "manly" taste, I recommend using 2Bleu's Buddha's Pizza Pie Crust #265466 and 2bleu's 2 Minute 2 Easy Pizza Sauce #255242. Cheese lovers will want to increase the amount of cheese, I gave the standard amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 Boboli pizza crust, thin crust pizza (or Buddha's Pizza Pie Crust #265466)
- 1/2 cup boboli pizza sauce (5 ounces, or 2bleu's 2 Minute 2 Easy Pizza Sauce #255242)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian cheese blend, such as Sargento shredded Italian 6-cheese blend
- 18 slices pepperoni, preferably Margarita brand (or any good pepperoni)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sauteed (from Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms #323900)
- 1If making own pizza crust and/or pizza sauce, prepare them first.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, or follow directions for pizza cooker.
- 3Spread pizza sauce over browned side of Boboli crust.
- 4Sprinkle fennel seeds over pizza. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pizza, followed by special gourmet-blend cheese.
- 5Lay out 12 slices of pepperoni around the outer edge of the pizza, then distribute the 6 remaining slices on an inner circle. Voila, you have marked your pizza for 6 slices!
- 6Prepare Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms (Tipsy Fat-Free Microwave -Sauteed Mushrooms), in which 2 cups of sliced mushrooms are cooked in 1/2 cup dry sherry for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in the microwave, and then drained. (We love Portabello mushrooms on our pizza and the slight hint of sherry drives us wild. For a pantry-raid pizza, drained canned sliced mushrooms will do in a pinch, although it's not as good.).
- 7Distribute sauteed mushrooms over top of pizza. I try to be artistic.
- 8Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown. (If using directions from Buttermilk Pie #255466, I found that 10 minutes at 500 degrees was a bit too long.).
- 9Cut into 6 slices and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kate L's Tipsy Mushroom Pepperoni Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 322.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Boboli pizza crusts
Italian cheese blend