1/2 Photos of Kate's Spicy Sausage Tortellini Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Kate in Ontario's Note:
I have adapted this recipe after trying many different variations.The spicy clamato gives it lots of zip.Different vegetables work well. Just add your favorites. When I submitted this recipe I cut the ingredients in half as I usually make a huge batch and freeze half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups spicy clamato juice
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1Steam sausage for 15 minutes to reduce fat content.
- 2Let cool, and slice into bite sized pieces, removing casing if desired.
- 3Spray large pot with no-stick spray.
- 4Place sliced sausage in large pot with oil and let brown lightly. Remove sausage and pour off excess oil.
- 5In same pot add onions,garlic, celery, carrots, and mushrooms until softened but not browned, then add back sausage.
- 6Stir in seasoning, tomatoes, stock and clamato juice.
- 7Bring to boil and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- 8Add frozen pasta and kidney beans; simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- 9If too thick, dilute with water or more broth.
- 10Season to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kate's Spicy Sausage Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 1234.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: