1/2 Photos of Kids' Calzones
25 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Looking for something to eat during the "big game?!" Here's an idea...and it doesn't have to be just for kids! Feel free to let your imagination go to vary the filling! Prep time includes chilling or freezing time...You probably would want to make these the day before serving. (also makes 1 loaf French bread)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown beef and onion in skillet; drain.
- 2Add pizza sauce, olives, basil, and oregano to beef mixture.
- 3Stir till thoroughly mixed.
- 4Cut a thin slice from the top of rolls or loaf.
- 5Hollow out bottom of rolls to within 1/2" inch of the edges.
- 6Sprinkle 3 TBSP cheese on the bottom of each roll; or sprinkle half of cheese on loaf.
- 7Spoon meat mixture into rolls on top of cheese.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Replace rolls tops.
- 10Wrap individually in foil.
- 11Refrigerate 3-24 hours or freeze.
- 12To serve: Place foil wrapped sandwiches on baking sheet and bake at 375 for 40 min if refrigerated and 60-75 minutes if frozen.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kids' Calzones
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.9 mg
- Sodium 734.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 31.5 g