1/8 Photos of KitchenExpeditions® Special-TeaMmmm Pizza!!
Deb's Recipes's Note:
Creamy garlic-alfredo sauce topped with spinach, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, and sundried tomatoes, this scrumptious pizza was specially developed in honor of team KitchenExpeditions® and Zaar World Tour II. The recipe yields a 13" pizza or 8 generous slices and can be made vegetarian by simply omitting the grilled chicken. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 F)
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast (rounded)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 7/8-2 cups flour
- cornmeal (for sprinkling on pizza stone)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared alfredo sauce (use a thick alfredo sauce such as No-Cream Alfredo Sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash white pepper (to taste)
- 1Combine warm water, yeast, and honey; let sit 5 minutes to dissolve and activate yeast.
- 2Stir together yeast mixture, water, olive oil, salt, and 1 cup flour; gradually add remaining flour, stirring, until dough comes together; knead (a KitchenAid stand mixer works well) for 10 minutes until soft, smooth, and elastic.
- 3Turn dough into an oiled bowl; cover and allow to rise at room temperature for about 45 minutes or until doubled.
- 4Preheat oven to 450° (you may optionally preheat your pizza stone for a crispier crust) and sprinkle pizza stone lightly with cornmeal; set pizza stone aside.
- 5Punch down dough; turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; press dough out thinly into a circular shape; lift and transfer dough onto prepared pizza stone; press dough outward until it covers the pizza stone; using your fingers form a ridge around the outer edge.
- 6Parbake pizza crust for 3-4 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, alfredo sauce, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to blend well.
- 8Remove parbaked pizza crust from oven and pat down any overly-puffed-up spots using with the palm of your hand or a clean kitchen towel; spread sauce evenly over surface of pizza crust.
- 9Top pizza first with spinach, then with chicken, then with artichokes and sundried tomatoes, and finally with an even sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
- 10Return pizza to oven and bake and additional 15-18 minutes until crust is golden-brown and cheese is melted and just beginning to brown; remove pizza from oven and let stand a couple minutes before slicing ~ Enjoy!
- 11NOTE: Please don't hesitate to use a Boboli or other prepared pizza crust if you're short on time!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KitchenExpeditions® Special-TeaMmmm Pizza!!
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.0
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 806.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: