This dressing must chill for 6 or more hours before serving don't even think about serving it right away as the flavors intensify with chilling time, even better if made a day ahead, I have left the Parmesan as optional you may add in or omit, you may adjust all amounts to taste.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced (or to taste) or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon white salt
- 2 -4 teaspoons white sugar, more if needed to taste or 2 -4 teaspoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a blender or food processor blend all ingredients together (except Parmesan cheese and black pepper) until well blended, starting with 2 teaspoons sugar and adding in more if needed after mixing.
- Season with black pepper then mix in Parmesan cheese (if using).
- Adjust all ingredients to taste.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 6 or more hours before using.
My Dh loved this. I made as written, mabey a touch on the heavy side w/ the seasons but not to heavy. i tend to have a heavy hand. This was very good. I did make it in the blender so it was very easy. I did use 3 tsp of sugar ( tried to stay in the middle of the road). My DS loved this and he doesn't "like creamy italian") he's a purest or so he says,LOL. Will definately make again. My DH loved this and says he prefers this over store bought. Store bought is to thick and has a "funky" flavor. I wonder how it would taste with fresh herbs??? I guess i will see in the summer. Thanks for the winner recipe. I wouldn't change a thing and the thickness suited us just fine. Happy cooking!!!
Very easy dressing to make and much fresher flavor than bottled dressings. Marintated for 5 hours and loved the flavor but would cut down a bit on the oregano. I used kosher salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and garlic red wine vinegar. This is not a thick dressing so wont smother your salad. Thank you sweetie for posting!