1/1 Photo of Lady Di's Lasagna Roll-Ups
Galley Wench's Note:
Why wait until you have company to enjoy lasagna! This recipe can easily be cut down to serve two, or doubled to serve a crowd!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (ground beef or pork sausage can be used if italian sausage is not available)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce (or 4 cups of In Search of the Ultimate Spaghetti/Pizza/Pasta Sauce)
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil (1 teaspoon if using dry)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mccormick spicy steak seasoning (omit if using spiced Italian sausage or you do not want it 'kicked up a notch')
- 12 lasagna noodles (or Perfect Egg Pasta)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (or Homemade Ricotta Cheese (Crock Pot))
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese (Cotija, also called queso anejado can be used)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (In Mexico, asadero or chihuahua can be used)
- 1Meat Sauce:.
- 2Sprinkle Italian sausage with steak seasoning (if desired).
- 3Brown sausage, onions, garlic and green peppers in olive oil.
- 4Do not over cook, just until meat is no longer pink.
- 5Drain any excess grease.
- 6Add marinara sauce, basil, oregano, salt, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
- 8Bring a large pot of salted water, with 2 tablespoons oil, to boil; drop in noodles and cook until al dente (do not overcook). Drain and arrange on cookie sheet so they do not stick together.
- 9Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking oil.
- 10Spread 1/2 of meat sauce on bottom.
- 11Cheese Filling:.
- 12In medium mixing bowl add ricotta cheese, egg and 1 cup parmesan cheese; mix by hand until smooth (mixture should be a little fluffy).
- 13Spread 1/4 cup of cheese mixture on each noodle and roll up jelly roll fashion; place seam side down on meat sauce.
- 14Spread remaining sauce over lasagna rolls and sprinkle mozarella and remaining parmesan cheese over top.
- 15Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly.
- 16Remove lid and bake additional 15 minutes.
- 17Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lady Di's Lasagna Roll-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1187.3
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 213.9 mg
- Sodium 2533.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 71.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: